The Approval Manager is a comprehensive solution designed to help organizations automate and manage all kinds of approvals. System allows to quickly & easily create custom approval forms with customizable fields and approval path.
The Approval Manager workflow contains four states: Draft, Pending Approval, Approved and Rejected.
Please see below step by step guide to completing the approval process.
1. A user creates a new approval request.
2. The user submits the request for approval ("Send to approve" button).
3. Before request is approved by an approver, the user can make changes to the request form.
4. The approver(s) receives an email notification of the request.
5. The approver(s) approves or declines the approval request.
6. The user receives an email notification of request status (approved or rejected).
7. If the approver(s) approves the request, the process is completed.
8. If the approver(s) rejects the request, the user must edit and resubmit the request, until the approver(s) gives final approval.
When you enable integration module, requests are automatically exported to native SharePoint list, enabling to leverage the full potential of SharePoint.
Sharepoint list can be integrated with many systems by using Microsoft Flow, used as data source for Power BI
(reporting services) or displayed on different site via Web Part. Click here for more information.
Actions available to regular employees:
• Submit new requests
• View and print own requests
• Edit own requests (except requests in Approved status)
• Approve or reject requests waiting for approval (if employee was chosen as approver)*
Actions available to managers:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Create own approval template (via My Approval Templates)
• Access to all requests created from own approval templates (via My Requests Reports)
• Edit approved requests (created from own approval templates)
• Grant permission to own approval templates for other managers
Actions available to administrators:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Access to all requests and approval templates
• Edit all approved requests
• Customize system settings
• Define request categories
• Assign user roles
* - depends on system settings
1. Configure display settings (section Administration->Settings)
2. Assign user roles: Manager and Administrator (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
3. Create or edit approval categories (section Administration->Approval Categories )
4. Create or edit approval templates (section Administration->Approval Templates)
• General Info tab
• Custom fields tab
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you need help with configuration, please watch video guide
Where app data is stored?
App is 100% SharePoint-hosted - all data is stored securely on the customer's SharePoint environment.
App's data is never leaving your SharePoint env, we don't have access to your data and we never see it.
How to pin app to the SharePoint menu?
After successful installation, app is located on the SharePoint Site Contents.
If you use modern view in Site Contents, please temporarily switch to classic view by click on "Return to classic SharePoint" in the bottom-left corner (image below)
Step 1) Click right mouse button on app icon area, afterwards click "Copy link address" (name of this option might be different depends on the browser)
Step 2) Click "Edit" on left or top SharePoint menu and add link to the app
How to assign regular User role?
There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default - every user with access to the SharePoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
How to update SharePoint app?
I cannot find a user in drop-down list
User list is pulled from SharePoint User Information List (built-in SharePoint feature, here is more info)
SharePoint user is added to the User Information List after first login to the SharePoint Site.
After first login, user will be visible in the user's drop-down list.
How can I extend my trial period?
We cannot extend trial period remotely, because app is SharePoint-hosted and our company doesn't have access to the customer's SharePoint env., however you can uninstall an app and install it again to "reset" 14-day period. (this operation removes all app data and configuration).