Time-Off Manager Pro is a Sharepoint based solution designed to help organizations automate the processing of requests for leave. This app is an extended version of Time-Off Manager (basic edition is available in the Office365 Store)
The Time-Off Manager Pro workflow consists of four states: Pending Approval, Approved, Rejected and Cancelled.
When a user submits a request, the system reduces the user's leave balance accordingly.
The request is given Pending Approval or Approved status (depending on time-off policy).
The user can cancel a request before the leave starts – the leave amount is returned to the available balance and the
request disappears from the list. Cancellations of ongoing and past requests require administrator action. The system sends an email notification of any requests to the manager for approval, and email notification of approvals or rejections to the employees.
When you enable integration module, leave requests are automatically exported to native SharePoint calendar list, enabling to leverage the full potential of SharePoint.
The way the sync process works is the following: entry is created when leave request has been approved or removed when
request has been canceled. SharePoint calendar list can be displayed on Sharepoint Sites via Web Part, overlaid with company calendar or integrated with many
systems via Microsoft Flow (i.e. O365 Outlook, Yammer, Slack etc).
Click here for more information.
Actions available to regular employees:
• Submit new leave requests
• Cancel a leave request (only before the leave starts)
• Check own time-off balance
• See current (future and ongoing) leave requests of other employees
• Submit requests on behalf of someone else*.
Actions available to managers:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Approve or reject leave requests waiting for approval*
• Submit requests on behalf of someone else*
• View all the requests and time-off balance of subordinates
Actions available to administrators:
• Cancel any leave requests
• Customize system settings
• Assign time-off balances to employees
• Define public holidays, special events, email templates
• Assign user roles
• Access to time-off report
* - depends on system settings
1. Configure Settings (section Administration->Settings)
2. Configure Public Holidays (section Administration->Public Holidays)
3. Configure Company Departments (optional) (section Administration->Company Departments)
4. Assign user roles: Manager and Administrator (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
5. Create user profiles (section Administration->User Profiles)
6. Create or edit time-off types (section Administration->Time-Off Types )
7. Assign time-off balance to the users (section Administration->Time-Off Balances )
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you need help with configuration, please watch video guide