Time-Off Manager is a Sharepoint based solution designed to help organizations automate the processing of requests for leave. If you need more features try Time-Off Manager Pro
The Time-Off Manager workflow consists of four states: Pending Approval, Approved, Rejected and Cancelled.
When a user submits a request, the system reduces the user's leave balance accordingly.
The request is given Pending Approval or Approved status (depending on time-off policy).
The user can cancel a request before the leave starts – the leave amount is returned to the available balance and the
request disappears from the list. Cancellations of ongoing and past requests require administrator action. The system sends an email notification of any requests to the manager for approval, and email notification of approvals or rejections to the employees.
Actions available to regular employees:
• Submit new leave requests
• Cancel a leave request (only before the leave starts)
• Check own time-off balance
• See current (future and ongoing) leave requests of other employees
• Submit requests on behalf of someone else*.
Actions available to managers:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Approve or reject leave requests waiting for approval*
• Submit requests on behalf of someone else*
Actions available to administrators:
• Cancel any leave requests
• Customize system settings
• Assign time-off balances to employees
• Define public holidays calendar
• Assign user roles
• Access to time-off report
* - depends on system settings
1. Configure Settings (section Administration->Settings)
2. Configure Public Holidays (section Administration->Public Holidays)
3. Configure Company Departments (optional) (section Administration->Company Departments)
4. Assign user roles: Manager and Administrator (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
5. Create or edit time-off types (section Administration->Time-Off Types )
6. Assign time-off balance to the users (section Administration->Time-Off Balances )
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you need help with app configuration or usage, please watch admin video guide or user video guide
Where app data is stored?
App is 100% SharePoint-hosted - all data is stored securely on the customer's SharePoint environment.
App's data is never leaving your SharePoint env, we don't have access to your data and we never see it.
How to pin app to the SharePoint menu?
After successful installation, app is located on the SharePoint Site Contents.
If you use modern view in Site Contents, please temporarily switch to classic view by click on "Return to classic SharePoint" in the bottom-left corner (image below)
Step 1) Click right mouse button on app icon area, afterwards click "Copy link address" (name of this option might be different depends on the browser)
Step 2) Click "Edit" on left or top SharePoint menu and add link to the app
How to assign regular User role?
There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default - every user with access to the SharePoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
How to update SharePoint app?
I cannot find a user in drop-down list
User list is pulled from SharePoint User Information List (built-in SharePoint feature, here is more info)
SharePoint user is added to the User Information List after first login to the SharePoint Site.
After first login, user will be visible in the user's drop-down list.
How can I extend my trial period?
We cannot extend trial period remotely, because app is SharePoint-hosted and our company doesn't have access to the customer's SharePoint env., however you can uninstall an app and install it again to "reset" 14-day period. (this operation removes all app data and configuration).