The Expense Approval System is a simple expense management software system, that streamlines and automates the workflows associated with creating, approving and controlling expense claims.
The Expense Approval System workflow contains four "states": Draft, Pending Approval, Approved and Rejected.
Please see below for a step by step guide to completing the expense approval process.
1. A user creates a new expense approval request.
2. The user submits the request for approval ("Send to approve" button).
3. Before approval of the expense request by an approver, the user can make changes to the expense request form.
4. The approver receives an email notification of the request and reviews the expenses.
5. The approver approves or declines the expense approval request.
6. If the approver approves the expense approval request, the process is complete.
7. If the approver rejects the expense approval request, the user must edit and resubmit the request, until the approver gives final approval.
1. Configure Dictionaries (section Administration->Dictionaries)
2. Configure display settings (section Administration->Settings)
3. Assign Manager and Administrator roles (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you have any question or issues, please email us at
Please read below Product FAQ and Technical Troubleshooting FAQ before sending email with an technical question.
Where app data is stored?
App is 100% SharePoint-hosted - all data is stored securely on the customer's SharePoint environment.
App's data is never leaving your SharePoint env, we don't have access to your data and we never see it.
How to pin app to the SharePoint menu or Office 365 app launcher?
After successful installation, app is located on the SharePoint Site Contents.
If you use modern view in Site Contents, please temporarily switch to classic view by click on "Return to classic SharePoint" in the bottom-left corner (image below)
To copy app URL click right mouse button on app icon area, afterwards click "Copy link address" (name of this option might be different depends on the browser)
Pin app to the SharePoint Site menu
Step 1) Go to the SharePoint Site
Step 2) Click "Edit" on left or top SharePoint menu and add link to the app
Pin app to the Office 365 app launcher
You can add custom tile to the app launcher under Office 365 Admin Center->Settings->Organization profile page.
Details are described in this document. To get logo URL required to create new tile on app launcher you can click right mouse button on app icon (SharePoint Site Contents) and select "Copy image address"
How to assign regular User role?
There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default - every user with access to the SharePoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
How to update SharePoint app?
I cannot find a user in drop-down list
User list is pulled from SharePoint User Information List (built-in SharePoint feature, here is more info)
SharePoint user is added to the User Information List after first login to the SharePoint Site.
After first login, user will be visible in the user's drop-down list.
How can I extend my trial period?
We cannot extend trial period remotely, because app is SharePoint-hosted and our company doesn't have access to the customer's SharePoint env., however you can uninstall an app and install it again to "reset" 14-day period. (this operation removes all app data and configuration).