The Expense Approval Pro is a SharePoint-based expense management software system, that streamlines and automates the workflows associated with creating, approving and controlling expense claims.
The Expense Approval Pro workflow contains four states: Draft, Pending Approval, Approved and Rejected.
Please see below step by step guide to completing the approval process.
1. A user creates a new approval request.
2. The user submits the request for approval ("Send to approve" button).
3. Before request is approved by an approver, the user can make changes to the request form.
4. The approver(s) receives an email notification of the request.
5. The approver(s) approves or declines the approval request.
6. The user receives an email notification of request status (approved or rejected).
7. If the approver(s) approves the request, the process is completed.
8. If the approver(s) rejects the request, the user must edit and resubmit the request, until the approver(s) gives final approval.
When you enable integration module, requests are automatically exported to native SharePoint list, enabling to leverage the full potential of SharePoint.
Sharepoint list can be integrated with many systems by using Power Automate (previously MS Flow), used as data source for Power BI
(reporting services) or displayed on different site via Web Part. Click here for more information.
Actions available to regular employees:
• Submit new requests
• View and print own requests
• Edit own requests (except requests in Approved status)
• Approve or reject requests waiting for approval (if employee was chosen as approver)*
Actions available to managers:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Create own request template (via My Request Templates)
• Access to all requests created from own request templates (via My Requests Reports)
• Edit approved requests (created from own request templates)
• Grant permission to own requst templates for other managers
Actions available to administrators:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Access to all requests and approval templates
• Edit all approved requests
• Customize system settings
• Define request categories
• Assign user roles
* - depends on system settings
1. Configure display settings (section Administration->Settings)
2. Assign user roles: Manager and Administrator (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
3. Create or edit request categories (section Administration->Request Categories)
4. Create or edit request templates (section Administration->Request Templates)
• General Info tab
• Custom form fields tab
• Custom spreadsheet fields tab
• Subtotals formula tab
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you need help with configuration, please watch video guide
If you have any question or issues, please email us at
Please read below Product FAQ and Technical Troubleshooting FAQ before sending email with an technical question.
If you need more advanced features like:
Where app data is stored?
App is 100% SharePoint-hosted - all data is stored securely on the customer's SharePoint environment.
App's data is never leaving your SharePoint env, we don't have access to your data and we never see it.
How to install the trial version on the SharePoint Site?
You can download the fully functional trial version from the SharePoint Store, which is explained step by step in the above illustration.
If you have problems with app installation, please read the question "I cannot install SharePoint app on my SharePoint Site" from our Technical FAQ.
How to pin an app to the SharePoint menu, MS Teams, or Office 365 app launcher?
After successful installation, app is located on the SharePoint Site Contents.
First, please use one of below methods to get an app shortcut.
Method 1) Enter the app (first page) and copy full URL from the browser's address bar (with all parameters like SPHostUrl etc.), below is example:
Method 2) Enter the app (first page), copy URL from the browser's address bar and remove all characters after app name, below is example:
Required parameters will be automatically added by SharePoint.
How to assign regular User role?
There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default - every user with access to the SharePoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
How to update SharePoint app?
App update process is described here and also on our Technical FAQ, question "How to update SharePoint app?"
I cannot find a user in drop-down list
User list is pulled from SharePoint User Information List (built-in SharePoint feature, here is more info)
SharePoint user is added to the User Information List after first login to the SharePoint Site.
After first login, user will be visible in the user's drop-down list.
How can I extend my trial period?
We cannot extend trial period remotely, because app is SharePoint-hosted and our company doesn't have access to the customer's SharePoint env., however you can uninstall an app and install it again to "reset" 14-day period. (this operation removes all app data and configuration).