Help Desk Plus is simple, customizable, Sharepoint hosted help desk software, that ensures your organization can handle every issue properly. Combined with a custom forms designer, you can design forms for specific help requests (e.g. IT, HR, Finance).
Help Desk Plus workflow contains five states: Opened, In Progress, Resolved, Reopened and Closed.
The below diagram shows Help Desk workflow in graph form.
Rounded rectangles represent states and arrows represent actions that can be performed in each state.
Workflow States Definitions
When you enable integration module, requests are automatically exported to native SharePoint list, enabling to leverage the full potential of SharePoint.
Sharepoint list can be integrated with many systems by using Power Automate (previously MS Flow), used as data source for Power BI
(reporting services) or displayed on different site via Web Part. Click here for more information.
1. Assign user roles: Technician and Administrator (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
2. Create or edit request categories (section Administration->Request Categories)
3. Create or edit request templates (section Administration->Request Templates)
• General Info tab
• Custom fields tab
• Email notifications tab
4. Setup group notification (optional):
a) Create new user (email@example.com) with Sharepoint license
b) Login at least once to the Sharepoint Site by using new account
c) [Optional step] Create email forwarding rule for given email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by using Exchange Online or other mail server
d) In Helpdesk Plus, go to Administration->Request Templates->Edit->Email notification tab and enter group email
Notices for group notification:
• Email notification is send to the group only if Assignee is not selected by the regular-user during request creation.
• Given group email must belong to registered user (can be O365 account as is presented above or Sharepoint External User). Sharepoint workflow doesn't send a notification to email outside SharePoint
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you need help with configuration, please watch video guide
If you have any question or issues, please email us at
Please read below Product FAQ and Technical Troubleshooting FAQ before sending email with an technical question.
If you need more advanced features like:
Where app data is stored?
App is 100% SharePoint-hosted - all data is stored securely on the customer's SharePoint environment.
App's data is never leaving your SharePoint env, we don't have access to your data and we never see it.
How to install the trial version on the SharePoint Site?
You can download the fully functional trial version from the SharePoint Store, which is explained step by step in the above illustration.
If you have problems with app installation, please read the question "I cannot install SharePoint app on my SharePoint Site" from our Technical FAQ.
How to pin an app to the SharePoint menu, MS Teams, or Office 365 app launcher?
After successful installation, the app is located on the SharePoint Site Contents.
First, please use one of below methods to get an app shortcut.
Method 1) Enter the app (first page) and copy full URL from the browser's address bar (with all parameters like SPHostUrl etc.), below is example:
Method 2) Enter the app (first page), copy URL from the browser's address bar and remove all characters after app name, below is example:
Required parameters will be automatically added by SharePoint.
How to assign regular User role?
There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default - every user with access to the SharePoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
How to update SharePoint app?
I cannot find a user in drop-down list
User list is pulled from SharePoint User Information List (built-in SharePoint feature, here is more info)
SharePoint user is added to the User Information List after first login to the SharePoint Site.
After first login, user will be visible in the user's drop-down list.
I cannot find a technician in "Assignee" list
Each request template has own list of technicians, adding technician (field "Assignee") is two step process:
1) Add technician role under Administration->User Roles
2) Assign technician to the request template (Administration->Request Templates->Edit->field "Technicians").
How can I extend my trial period?
We cannot extend trial period remotely, because app is SharePoint-hosted and our company doesn't have access to the customer's SharePoint env., however you can uninstall an app and install it again to "reset" 14-day period. (this operation removes all app data and configuration).