TimeSheet Plus is Sharepoint-based time and cost tracking software that automates the collection, approval, and reporting of employee work.
A user-friendly interface allows employees to conveniently track regular work hours, break time or overtime.
The TimeSheet Plus workflow consists of four states: Pending Approval, Approved, Rejected and Cancelled.
Please see below step by step guide to completing the approval process.
1. A user creates a new timesheet.
2. The user submits the timesheet for approval ("Send to approve" button).
3. Before timesheet is approved by an approver, the user can make changes to the timesheet.
4. The approver(s) receives an email notification of the request.
5. The approver(s) approves or declines the approval request.
6. The user receives an email notification of request status (approved or rejected).
7. If the approver(s) approves the request, the process is completed.
8. If the approver(s) rejects the request, the user must edit and resubmit the request, until the approver(s) gives final approval.
When you enable integration module, requests are automatically exported to native SharePoint list, enabling to leverage the full potential of SharePoint.
Sharepoint list can be integrated with many systems by using Power Automate (previously MS Flow), used as data source for Power BI
(reporting services) or displayed on different site via Web Part. Click here for more information.
Actions available to regular employees:
• Create, edit and submit timesheet for approval
• View own timesheets
Actions available to managers:
All actions of regular employees plus:
• Approve or reject timesheets waiting for approval*
• View all the timesheets of subordinates
• Edit and delete approved timeshets
Actions available to administrators:
• Customize system settings
• Assign user roles and user profiles
• Define dictionaries (projects,categories)
• View all the timesheets
* - depends on system settings
1. Configure settings (section Administration->Settings) :
• General Settings tab
• Custom form fields tab
• Custom timesheet fields tab
2. Assign user roles: Manager and Administrator (section Administration->User Roles ). There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default -every user with access to the Sharepoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
3. Create user profiles (section Administration->User Profiles )
4. Create or edit projects (section Administration->Projects)
5. Create or edit categories (optional) (section Administration->Categories)
As Regular User:
1. Click "Create new" tile on the main page and submit request.
If you need help with configuration, please watch video guide
If you have any question or issues, please email us at
Please read the below Product FAQ and General Troubleshooting FAQ before sending email with an technical question.
If you need more advanced features like:
Where app data is stored?
App is 100% SharePoint-hosted - all data is stored securely on the customer's SharePoint environment.
App's data is never leaving your SharePoint env, we don't have access to your data and we never see it.
How to pin the app to the SharePoint menu or Office 365 app launcher?
After successful installation, app is located on the SharePoint Site Contents.
If you use modern view in Site Contents, please temporarily switch to classic view by click on "Return to classic SharePoint" in the bottom-left corner (image below)
To copy app URL click right mouse button on app icon area, afterwards click "Copy link address" (name of this option might be different depends on the browser)
Pin app to the SharePoint Site menu
Step 1) Go to the SharePoint Site
Step 2) Click "Edit" on left or top SharePoint menu and add link to the app
Pin app to the Office 365 app launcher
You can add custom tile to the app launcher under Office 365 Admin Center->Settings->Organization profile page.
Details are described in this document. To get logo URL required to create new tile on app launcher you can click right mouse button on app icon (SharePoint Site Contents) and select "Copy image address"
How to assign regular User role?
There is no need to assign regular User role, because this role is given by default - every user with access to the SharePoint parent site (where the app is installed) also has access to this app as regular user.
How to update SharePoint app?
I cannot find a user in drop-down list
User list is pulled from SharePoint User Information List (built-in SharePoint feature, here is more info)
SharePoint user is added to the User Information List after first login to the SharePoint Site.
After first login, user will be visible in the user's drop-down list.
How can I extend my trial period?
We cannot extend trial period remotely, because app is SharePoint-hosted and our company doesn't have access to the customer's SharePoint env., however you can uninstall an app and install it again to "reset" 14-day period. (this operation removes all app data and configuration).
How to track flexitime?
Flextime is a flexible hours schedule that allows workers to alter workday start and finish times.
Step 1) Go to Administration->Settings, setup "Date fields mode" to "On-demand" and click Save
Step 2) Go to Administration->Settings, select "Custom timesheet fields" tab, define custom columns "Start Time","End Time" and click Save
Now user can enter working hours for each day
How to enable billing options?
Go to Administration->Settings, select "Billing Settings" tab, enable billing options and click Save
Optionally you can define hourly rate per user
Now user can report billable hours
How to export data to CSV/Excel?
Go to Team Management->My Team's Timesheets or Administration->All Timesheets and click Export button
How integrate with 3rd party systems?
You can enable integrations features and use Power Automate to integrate with 3rd party systems.
Let say that you would like to export total working hours and billing amount to the external system (i.e. Slack,Oracle,SQL Server etc) when request has been approved.
First, go to Administration->Integrations and create integration list. Select "Approved" as export trigger and proper standard fields to export
Afterward, you can use Power Automate trigger "Sharepoint - when an item is created" to call any kind of connector/action.
Here is a list of example integrations.
How to upload own logo?
Step 1) Go to Administration->Settings, select "App Logo" as "Custom" and click Save
Step 2) Go to Administration->Settings, click "Upload"->Choose file and then Save